WHY REGISTRATION OF COPYRIGHT IS BENIFICIAL ?
Getting copyrights for books, music pieces, movies, photography, software programs, etc. gives the author the following benefits:
- When the work gets copyrighted, it is made available free on the public records, thereby creating the ownership.
- In the case of copyright infringement, the authors can sue the infringers to secure their work and claim statutory damages
- The owners can record the registration with Indian customs and prevent importing duplicate copies
- The rights can be passed or sold to third-party with no objection
- Copyright protection enables the owners to exhibit their work